The Challenge was to use two fat quarters of fabric (18″ X 22″) – one printed and one solid fabric and nothing else.
I decided on a kaleidoscope block pattern because it would really be able to show off the print.
Initially thought I would made a small runner, but it kept growing. Till I had 8 pairs of `half blocks ready for a 4X2 runner. But I had fabric left over for a ninth block and a 3X3 square runner!
Here are some pics of the various options I tried out
1. I made 8 blocks and thought I would use the print itself in the centre. I tried two ways of putting them together – but did not care for either – because the secondary pattern (the circle was not really emerging
2. So, I decided to make another pair of kaleidoscope half-blocks and explore another option
3. But I still had fabric leftover and decided to emphasize the secondary circle and finished the blocks – and use this setting.
Here the secondary patterns can be clearly seen. I love this!
So now I wanted to quilt this and bind it and not submit it as a tablecloth for the March 12 Challenge. And I set out on a new project!